Develop a Marketing Roadmap
Looking to add value to your client engagement?
Work with Matchstick to create an action-based marketing roadmap.
This is our more active version of the traditional marketing plan.
Many companies develop detailed marketing plans that become dust collectors. Your clients invest enormous time and energy in the process. Why not offer them a more palatable and useful alternative?
Offer to lead the process with experienced marketers
Take the pain out of market planning provide a fresh perspective with Matchstick. We're written dozens of plans in the medical technology space. Along the way, we've learned how to create vibrant plans that act as a compass, not a dust collector.
Why should your clients consider this approach?
A good plan helps make the case for incremental investment. It's a tool that helps the organization understand their tactics. It provides leaders with confidence they're headed in the right direction and that will achieve expected business results. A good plan makes your clients look good to their leaders.
However, the process can be long and painful. And the output often becomes quickly outdated and never refreshed till the next planning process.
How you win
You strengthen your reach into your client's organization. By helping create the marketing roadmap, you also get firsthand insight into their goals and objectives. Their roadmap can become yours. You know where you can offer value. You'll naturally come up with new ideas for them. Because you are involved in the process, they are more open to hearing from you.
Matchstick helps create a marketing plan built for action
We've seen many different planning frameworks. All of them focused too much on the templates and not enough on the doing. Filling in the frameworks was grueling and many times distracted from the hard work of actually building sales.
We're not invested in a set of proprietary templates – we're invested in helping to increase revenues and find new projects. Our action-based tools are simple, transparent, and help lay out a real plan your clients can execute. The core concepts are easy to communicate internally, so that they can build engagement and confidence in their plan.
How we can help you depends on what your clients already have and want to accomplish. Whether they need a sounding board to help tweak an already-good plan, or want a complete plan, we can help.
We help refine an existing plan
A fresh perspective delivers surprising insights. We can take their plan and run creative thinking workshops to come up with new ways of accomplishing their objectives. We can also pressure-test their existing plan to strengthen it in key areas. Or, we can take a great plan and polish it so it’s easy to communicate to others in their organization.
We work together
Many clients already have existing plans and templates, but need to get the hard work done. We can help facilitate sessions where they participate. We keep the process moving efficiently to make the most of the time they have. We can help you organize their plan using tools that we bring to the meeting, or using their own company’s templates.
We take the lead: fire & forget
We’ll need engagement from your client’s team along the way, but we’ll do the heavy lifting. We take the lead on developing the plan start to finish, and deliver it completed.
We help you communicate the plan to their organization
Whether we're strengthening their existing plan or creating a new one, we deliver a succinct, compelling presentation to help them communicate it to others in their organization. Our experience has taught us that when marketing plans look buttoned up and are easy to understand, they inspire confidence.
Where can Developing a Marketing Roadmap for your help?
- They are down marketing headcount and unable to hire
- They are under intense pressure to perform and need new ideas
- They could use a boost of credibility with leadership
- They appear lost, and aren't generating as much business with you as you'd like
Marty's marketing plan was voted best practice across the company.
"Marty was able to come in and look at existing markets in new ways. He framed thoughtful analysis, communicated clearly and succinctly, made the case for over two million dollars in incremental investment, and raised the organization's confidence in his recommendations."
- Ryan Tuttle,
Director of Marketing, Fortune 500 Company
Why work with Matchstick?
- First, we're successful practitioners of marketing. We were product managers for many years, and know what good, actionable plans look like.
- We've participated in and led many marketing plan reviews. As senior marketers, we peer-reviewed many different plans. We know how to assess marketing plans and provide actionable feedback.
- We've written many marketing plans for medical technology companies. Through exposure to different planning processes, we've created our own simple take of what works best. Our clients are pleased with the ability to execute our plans, and the succinct way that we communicate them.
- We're recognized leaders in marketing planning. Marty's last marketing plan in corporate was used as a company-wide example of best practice. Erika was selected to become a certified trainer in her business’s planning process.